Title I is a federal program under the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA) as amended by the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA). Title I covers the fiscal and program requirements for improving the academic achievement of students who attend schools eligible for Title I. The purpose of Title I is to ensure that all children have a fair, equal, and significant opportunity to obtain a high-quality education and reach, at a minimum, proficiency on challenging state academic achievement standards and state academic assessments.
Title I Parental Notices
- Helping Your Child Series
- Homework Tips for Parents
- Parent Resources to Help Their Child
- Strategies To Help Your Child Learn At School
- Parent’s Right to Know (ESSA)
- District Wide Parental Involvement Policy
- School Parental Involvement Policy
- School Parent Compact-Waretown Elementary School
- School Parent Compact-Frederic A. Priff Elementary School
Title I Annual Parent Meeting
November 15, 2021
(The zoom link will be emailed to you the day before the meeting.)
Please join us as we provide information to parents about Title I, Part A of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA). Title I is the federal program that allocates funding to local school districts to improve the academic achievement of low-performing students, particularly in English Language Arts and/ or Math. Your child is currently receiving additional help in one or both of these areas. At this meeting, we will talk about our Title I program in addition to the following items:
- How your child was identified for Title I services
- How we will help your child meet state proficiency goals
- Activities that you can do at home to help your child succeed
- District and School-Level Parental Involvement Policies
- School-Parent Compact
We look forward to seeing you at the meeting!
*If you are interested in attending this meeting, please email Carol Widmer at firstname.lastname@example.org with your child’s name and your email address. The zoom link will be emailed to you the day before the meeting.