Title I is a federal program under the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA) as amended by the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA). Title I covers the fiscal and program requirements for improving the academic achievement of students who attend schools eligible for Title I. The purpose of Title I is to ensure that all children have a fair, equal, and significant opportunity to obtain a high-quality education and reach, at a minimum, proficiency on challenging state academic achievement standards and state academic assessments.
Title I Parental Notices
- Helping Your Child Series
- Homework Tips for Parents
- Parent Resources to Help Their Child
- Strategies To Help Your Child Learn At School
- Parent’s Right to Know (ESSA)
- District Wide Parental Involvement Policy
- School Parental Involvement Policy
- School Parent Compact-Waretown Elementary School
- School Parent Compact-Frederic A. Priff Elementary School
Title I Annual Parent Meeting
Date: October 20, 2022
Time: 5:30 P.M.
Location: Waretown Elementary School Library
Please join us as we provide information to parents about Title I, Part A of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA). Title I is the federal program that allocates funding to local school districts to improve the academic achievement of low performing students, particularly in English Language Arts and/ or Math. Your child is currently receiving additional help in one or both of these areas. At this meeting, we will talk about our Title I program in addition to the following items:
- How your child was identified for Title I services
- How we will help your child meet state proficiency goals
- Activities that you can do at home to help your child succeed
- District and School-Level Parental Involvement Policies
- Parent Engagement Events
We look forward to seeing you at the meeting!
If you are interested in attending this meeting, please email Carol Widmer at firstname.lastname@example.org with your child’s name and your email address.